What is MCI?
MCI is the Medical Council of India, and it was founded in the year 1933 and was established in the year of 1934. The Indian Medical Council is located in Dwarka, New Delhi, and the NCR president is doctor jay shreeben Mehta.
Its chief intent is to keep a uniform quality of greater qualification in medicine. It’s also established to comprehend the health eligibility in India and Abroad. It supplies the permanent registration and provisional registration of physicians in India and all the established medical qualification certificates.
MCI is the only medical organization in India that is responsible for the recognition of medical institutions. Thus, there are lots of Government medical universities overseas recognized by MCI.
The majority of health care aspirants tend to move overseas for higher education because of a shortage of affordable medical chairs in India.
It’s always advised the candidates should confirm the standing of any college before taking admission overseas. Students have to check the university’s standing through the MCI site. In case the university title is on the MCI site, the MCI accepts the university.
The Indian students seeking admission for MBBS from overseas or some practical classes must acquire the No Objection Certificate from MCI. Department of the Ministry of External Affairs must approve all the required certifications and mark sheets.
Qualification criteria for MCI registration
Candidates to Have the Ability to look for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) following their graduation must acquire the Qualification Certificate from the MCI before accepting admission for MBBS from Abroad.
A student must pass 10+2 in the science stream with biology as the main subject to register under MCI. Students must get at least 50% marks for those in the general category and at least 40% marks for those who belong to the reserved category.
To acquire the Qualification Certificate from MCI, Candidates should adhere to the prescribed format offered by the MCI and need to be accompanied by the first certificates of their qualifying examinations.
Required Documents for Eligibility Certificate
Copies of the required documents must be organized in accordance with this record given below:
- Original Program form.
- First and three self-attested copies of the Passport (if the entrance is already obtained, a replica of the total visa cited on Passport also needs to be provided).
- Identity evidence (if National citizen or the ancestral citizen of India).
- First and three self-attested copies of all of the 10th Regular certificates Together with the Marksheets and the Transportation Certification.
- First and three self-attested duplicates of 11th and 12th Certificates and Marksheets or equivalent examination and a replica of Transfer/Migration certification (if reversal of colleges).
- First and three self-attested duplicates of pass certification of 12th examination (exhibiting all college topics and titles).
- First and three self-attested duplicates of School/College Leaving Certification for Bihar Board and Tamil Nadu Board.
- Equivalency Certificate in the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi for its 12th equal qualifications (if acquired from overseas with shrewd topic equivalency). If marks are awarded in grades, evidence of the equal percentage of marks.
- First and three self-attested copies of an English translation of OBC/SC/ST Certification (if the certifications are in regional terminology).
- One added color passport size picture with the front view.
- The first and three exemplified copies of the admission letter issued from the worried Foreign Medical University.
MCI Eligibility Certificate Application Steps
- The candidate first wants to enroll on the MCI site www.mciindia.org.
- Once enrolled, the applicant should log in with the specified User ID and password to finish the program. After logging in, click the Qualification Certificate that’s on the left side of the dashboard.
- Click Raise a petition, the application form will look. Fill all the necessary details (be certain that you store the information from time to time since the form is lengthy).
- When the form is full, upload the scanning copies of the necessary documents.
- Create an offline or online payment to fill out the application.
Below are a couple of essential points to be recalled before applying for the MCI Eligibility Certificate
- Please read the directions carefully before implementing it.
- After completing the form, be certain that you look at the facts before the last submission.
- The offender should have their email I.D. for additional communication concerning the Eligibility Certification.
- Copies of the necessary documents must be submitted to the MCI and ought to reach the MCI office within six weeks of the date of entry.
- The Accreditation Certification can be downloaded via the MCI website.
MCI NEET 2020
For NEET 2020, MCI has allowed an only time attempt for all those students who wish to pursue MBBS abroad.
The MCI has hauled that In light of this Covid-19 outbreak, all these candidates shouldn’t take NEET, scheduled for September 13. Nonetheless, these candidates would need to look and qualify the examinations in 2020 or at 2021, the MCI explained in a public note
This exemption is a One-time step for candidates in the opinion of COVID-19 Pandemic, and it’s incumbent on them to accommodate NEET-UG in 2020-21
MCI recognized medical colleges abroad?
There are at least 483 universities that were recognized by different Indian Embassies and delivered to MCI. If Your University doesn’t feature in the listing, you could always get into the Indian Embassy/High Commission and confirm it. For now, we’ve recorded a few Universities who’ve to happen to be approved for Medical research, one of the top research overseas destinations.
|Bukovinian State Medical University||Belgorod National Research University (BelSu)||B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan||Jilin University||Bangladesh University of Professionals|
|Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University||Stavropol State Medical University||Kathmandu University||China Medical University||Gono Bishwabiddalay, Bangladesh|
|Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy||Altai State Medical University||Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Lalitpur, Nepal||Dalian Medical University||Shah Jalal Uni. of Science & Technology, Sylhet|
|I.Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University||Astrakhan State Medical University||U. Manipal Academy||Capital Medical University||University of Chittagong|
|Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University||Chechen State University||U. Tribhuvan||Tianjin Medical University||University of Dhaka|
|Kharkiv National Medical University||Chuvash State University||Shandong University||University of Rajshahi|
|Kyiv Medical University of UAFM, Kyiv||Crimean Federal University||Fudan University|
Why is MCA so important?
Because there is only a governing body that gives the uniformly high-quality standard of education and medical care in India, and MCI is the only governing body that gives permission or recognition for the medical colleges all over India.
What are the objectives of MCA?
MCA’s main objectives are to bring the uniformly high-quality standard of education and medical care in India. Also, it gives the recognition or cancellation of the medical qualification in India.
MCI gives the permanent registration number of the provisional registration number to the doctors and the medical qualification in India or foreign medical graduates.
MCI regularly sends a person to check the college infrastructure, quality of education, uniform, women’s teachers, lecturers, hospitals, patient and flow, and the teaching equipment, etc.
Which one is better, MCI recognized colleges or MCI permitted collage?
Now coming to the point that two types of colleges, one is private medical colleges, and the other is government medical colleges. Private medical colleges are the colleges run by the private institutes, and the fee structures are very high.
On the other hand, the public medical colleges are the colleges run by government institutes at a low fee structure. There are two types of seats: MCI recognized and one other is MCI permitted seats.
MCI recognized seats are the seats where the MC permits the college regularly, and where one batch of students has passed out of that college is the recognized college where MCI gives permission. There is not one single batch passed out of that college is called the permitted colleges.
MCI recognized colleges, and MCI recognized medical seats are better for students. Still, a college is Mark as MCI permitted and not as recognized because of the lack of education standard, and the suggestion for the poor health infrastructure and the patient flow is better in the MCI recognized colleges.
MCI won’t accept the program if the candidates do not supply the originals or offer incomplete documents. Therefore, candidates are asked to supply all the essential files for the program to process quickly. After the final application form is filed, the adjustment won’t be permitted. For that reason, it’s essential to confirm the application form before the last submission.
Following the successful program, the Eligibility Certificate will be issued within 2-3 months.
When the Qualification Certificate is attained, the candidate may proceed with the program for MBBS from Abroad.