Every MBBS aspirant after passing the 12th standard has one concern in his mind. This concern is about getting admission to some good MBBS offering universities and expenses related to admission in Top-tier universities. Only, some lucky are able to secure a limited number of government seats, who are able to clear or crack the national entrance exam for admission. Those who fail to clear so, have to go to the private medical colleges, with lots of donations. The expensive cost of MBBS in India sometimes shatters the dreams for many Indian students to pursue MBBS in India.
If we see the statistics of students who have successfully able to secure seats in top government universities with affordable expenses is around 80,000 in India. Every year, around 15 lakhs students appear for the national medical exam entrance, popularly known as the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET), from which only a small fraction of students are able to pursue their dream.
Sometimes, we need to think outside the box. What if the expense of MBBS in India is high. Then this is not the end. Have you ever considered the option of MBBS abroad? To your knowledge, in many universities outside India, the cost of the expense of pursuing MBBS is very less in comparison to the cost of MBBS in India. In some developed countries, even you don’t require a NEET score to secure admission to their universities.
There are lots of benefits you get while studying abroad such as getting international exposure. Getting a chance to work part-time, which helps to support your education expenses. Low-cost of living you have to afford. Numerous opportunities are available in developed countries along with MBBS. No need to clear NEET for getting admission to universities abroad. Especially, you can forget about the donation abroad, which you require in India to get admission in MBBS.
Are there any eligibility criteria for MBBS abroad?
- Yes, there any some eligibility criteria to pursue MBBS abroad. In fact, every foreign country has its own eligibility criteria for international students to pursue MBBS there. But, in general, they have some general eligibility guidelines and criteria for Indian students who want to pursue MBBS among the top medical universities in top developed countries. One needs to clear three main eligibility criteria as Age criteria, Academic eligibility criteria, and Medical eligibility clear.
- What are the age criteria for admission in abroad universities for MBBS?
Any MBBS aspirant needs to be the age of 17 on December 31 of the year. Seventeen is the lower age limit to pursue MBBS abroad. But, there is no upper limit for MBBS expect some countries.
- What are the Academic eligibility criteria to pursue MBBS?
Each MBBS aspirants need to have the following academic eligibility criteria and documents in order to secure admission to abroad universities.
- He must have completed his 10+2 from a recognized board.
- He must have an aggregate percentage of at least 50% or above in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and must have studied English as a compulsory subject during his 10+2 years.
- He is also required to qualify or give the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET).
- He also needs to have an Eligibility Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India at the time of admission to Foreign Medical Universities.
- What are the Medical eligibility criteria to secure admission?
If anyone going to secure admission in any of the abroad universities, he needs to have a medical certificate at the time of admission stating that the applicant is not suffering from any contagious diseases.
Is there any Exam required to clear to study MBBS abroad?
- Academic qualification exam [NEET]
Medical Council of India (MCI) made it mandatory for all Indian students who are aspiring to study MBBS abroad, has to appear for the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET). There is the upper and lower limit of age candidates who aspiring to give the NEET exam.
For general categories: The upper limit for appearing for the NEET is 25 years
For SC/ST/OBC: Upper age limit of candidates should be 30 years candidates.
For How Many Years NEET Scores are Valid?
The NEET score is valid for a period of three years.
- Language Proficiency Exam[TOEFL, IELTS, PET, etc]
Any MBBS aspirant who was to pursue medical studies abroad also required to appear for an English proficiency test to prove their knowledge of the English language. This is important for his academic purposes as well as helping him to communicate with other native citizens of his desired country. Which exam accepted for the English language depends entirely on the university. Generally, universities accept English proficiency language exams such as TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or OET. etc
What is the admission process for studying MBBS abroad?
- As soon as one clears the eligibility requirements. He can start the application process to study MBBS abroad. First, the MBBS aspirant student has to select his preferred MBBS University and need to get that admission form of that university. When he starts filling up the form, he is required to upload the desired documents required by the universities in order to secure an MBBS seat in that university.
- The Following provides the list of documents that applicants would be required to upload and have to attach with their admission form. Following are just general documents that almost every university asks you to upload. Make sure, you properly check the list of documents desired by your dream universities. General documents which you must keep in your hand includes:
- Mark sheet of class 10th
- Mark Sheet of class 12th
- Both school leaving certificate as well as migration certificate
- Mandatory scores of NEET exam
- Personal Financial and Bank Statements
- Statement of Purpose, also known as SOPs
- Resume for showing your achievements
- Letter of Recommendation in case of some universities.
- Language Proficiency Certificate such as IELTS, TOEFL, etc
- Photographs( Passport size)
- Medical Clearance certificate
What after successful submission of documents with admission letter?
- MBBS aspirants would hear back from the universities either with yes or no. If he, receive a Yes from the university then, he will get an admission letter. After, the only huddle you got is to apply for the Student visa, along with the passport and desired documents. Candidates, only receive an admission letter, after successful submission of the online application form along with the fee and if that university has accepted your admission form. In case of rejection, you have to remove the reason for rejection. Then apply again. Otherwise, one can apply to the other university.
How do apply for the Student Visa?
Just after getting a letter of acceptance or Admission Letter from the university, you are required to apply for a student visa in order to study abroad. The procedure for visa application is very simple and easy. You can apply student visa or the visa application either offline or online mode.
- Online Visa Application Process: If you are going for the online visa application process, then this is the most convenient mode of application for a visa. A student is going to create a student profile. The student profile is created, forms appear, which you need to fill correctly.
- Offline Visa Application Process: If you opt for the offline visa process, then you would require to download the application form and fill in the details correctly and submit it to the required authorities.
After filling the visa application form, one needs to pay the visa application fee. As he pays the visa application fee then he is required to submit the form along with the desired documents which will get him the student visa.
What are the documents required to submit with the student visa application form?
Every country have their own immigration rules so sometimes they require some different types of a document but if we talk about the documents that generally required to obtain student visa are mentioned below:
- He must have a valid passport.
- Proof of Bonafide student
- financial statements to support education abroad
- Scores of language proficiency exam
- Admission letter of your applied University
Studying abroad MBBS can be greatly beneficial if you are unable to secure admission to top-level colleges and universities in India. There may be chances that you may not have that much budget for MBBS in India. In that case, this is a full and ultimate guide to help you get admission abroad for MBBS. You are just required to select your desired university in the country and gather desired documents. Fill its admission form. Get selected there and receive an admission letter and go for the visa application procedure. Apply for a student visa. Once you receive your visa, you are ready to go to that university and pursue your dream of MBBS on foreign grounds and in a developed country.