Highlights of the Course
- The admission process for students pursuing the MBBS program commences in September.
- The candidates must have an average of 50% in their senior secondary examination. English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology are the compulsory subjects for 10+2.
- Students can score qualifying marks in their NEET-UG examination to pursue the MBBS course.
- The total fees of the course can range between 50 Lakhs to 60 Lakhs.
- Students can pursue the program in English medium. They are also taught Nepali for better communication with patients.
- The entire duration of the MBBS program is 6 years.
- The MBBS program is approved by the World Health Organization and National Medical Commission.
Overview of MBBS in Nepal
Nepal has become a popular destination for medical students who want to pursue their career as a doctor. The MBBS programs offered by the government as well as private institutions of the country are considered to be the best in terms of budget-friendliness and quality. The admission procedure is a simple process, unlike other countries where students have to necessarily go through a complicated admission structure. Indian students find it a lot more convenient to study MBBS in Nepal as Hindi is a common language spoken by both countries, and the culture is quite similar too.
Benefits of studying MBBS in Nepal
- The course structure of the MBBS program offered in Nepal is mostly similar to that of India, and that is why many students opt for studying here.
- Most MBBS colleges in Nepal are approved by the MCI, so even if students want to practice as doctors in India, they can easily do so.
- The program fee for MBBS in Nepal is extremely budget-friendly, and many institutions also give students an option for paying the fees in installments.
- Nepal is quite near to India, so whenever students wish to travel back home during holidays, they wouldn’t incur much expenses and can enjoy their vacations with family.
- The kind of food available in Nepal is very similar to that of India. Hence, students can enjoy their choice of Indian food anytime
- Students who want to arrange for their own accommodation while studying in Nepal will be happy to note that the cost of living in the country is quite low and pocket-friendly.
MBBS Colleges in Nepal approved by MCI
Eligibility for MBBS in Nepal
The MBBS program in Nepal is for a duration of 5.6 years. Students are taught various theoretical aspects of medicine related to their specializations and field of study and are also given varied practical classes to gain knowledge. After completing their four years of clinical and theoretical education from their medical college in Nepal, students are expected to complete a compulsory internship period to obtain their degree and become medical professionals.
- Students can start applying to get a seat in the month of September for the MBBS course offered in Nepal.
- The process for admission commences two months before the program starts.
- Candidates interested in pursuing the MBBS course from Nepal can download the application form of their choice of university, duly fill it and submit it before the deadline.
- After getting selected for the course, the candidate should immediately pay the first-year fee in order to secure their seat for the program.
- The candidates should submit all the necessary documents requested by the university at the earliest to avoid any hassle.
Necessary Documents for pursuing MBBS in Nepal
- Certificate of Birth
- Senior secondary scorecard and transfer certificate
- Certificate of medical fitness
- Certificate of conduct
- Identity Proof stating the candidate’s Nationality. Eg – Aadhaar Card/Pan Card
- NEET-UG qualifying scorecard
- Students can also be expected to submit other documents pertaining to a specific University.
|B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||40-50 Lakhs|
|Manipal College of Medical Sciences||55-65 Lakhs|
|Nepalgunj Medical College||55-60 Lakhs|
|College of Medical Sciences, Nepal||55 Lakhs|
|Janaki Medical College, Nepal||45-55 Lakhs|
|Nobel Medical College, Nepal||50-60 Lakhs|
|Kathmandu Medical College Pvt Ltd||56-60 Lakhs|
|Kathmandu University, School of Medical Sciences||45-55 Lakhs|
|National Medical College, Nepal||60-65 Lakhs|
|Lumbini Medical College and Teaching Hospital||50-60 Lakhs|
|Universal College of Medical Sciences, Bhairahawi||55-65 Lakhs|
Career Options after MBBS in Nepal
Frequently Asked Questions on MBBS in Nepal
Is the MBBS degree from Nepal valid in India?
Yes, all MBBS universities approved by MCI, NMC, and WHO provide a valid degree that can be used when a student wants to pursue their career in India.
Is it compulsory to sit for the NEET entrance exam for an MBBS in Nepal?
Yes, students must take the NEET entrance test and score qualifying marks to get into the prestigious medical institutions that offer quality education with their MBBS course.